for puppies 6 to 18 months who have completed Puppy Paws or Foundation Paws
(if you attended puppy classes with another trainer please get in touch to find out if these classes would be right for you BEFORE booking)
building your perfect puppy
Ongoing rolling classes to carry you through the ‘teen’ stage of development. This can be a difficult time for many dogs… which often means it’s also difficult for you! These classes will help you to really understand your puppy, what they’re going through and how to support them through this challenging time.
Teen Paws builds on the foundations learnt in puppy class and covers the key life skills that our dogs need. We will look at different methods to achieve your goals, discuss the pros and cons, and find the techniques that suit you best. We start to expect a little more of the puppies whilst being mindful of the stage that they are going through and give you (and them) strategies to help them navigate their 'teens'.
We work on the skills that they need to allow them to fully enjoy their lives with you such as
- lead walking
- confidence being handled
- focus on you
You will also have the chance to try some fun activities such as scent work, confidence courses and having fun with agility equipment all of which help to build confidence and increase the bond between you.
Our classes are 45 - 60 mins and always have time built in for questions to get advice on any challenges you may be facing as your puppy grows and develops.
If you want to continue your puppy’s training and build on the foundations that you created in Puppy Paws then these are the classes for you!
What do you need to bring?
- Your puppy! Wearing a flat collar, and harness if you use one.
- A training lead – no retractable or slip leads please.
- Treats! As we use reward based training we ‘pay’ our dogs for working for us. Please bring really tasty treats – chicken, cheese, ham… they only need to be really small – think pea sized!
- A mat or blanket for your dog to settle on when not working
Our training field near Carleen
Full Directions can be found here https://www.loveyourpaws.org.uk/locations-directions
- Teen Paws are rolling classes so that you can book the weeks that work for you and keep coming for as long as you and your puppy are learning and enjoying the classes. All dogs will have attended Puppy Paws (or similar) so will all be starting class at a similar level of training. However, training is always tailored to the individual so your training will always be moving forward and progressing.
- We train regardless of the weather unless it is unsafe to do - please come dressed appropriately.
- For this class your dog should be comfortable around other dogs and people. If they aren't please get in touch so that we can find the right training solution for them.
- All classes are subject to Covid regulations in place at the time of the class; if we enter a lockdown all classes will continue on line.