Young Handler Summer Sessions!
Are you between aged 9 and 15 and want to have fun with your dog this summer?
Come and learn all about Scent Work, Lead Handling skills, Hoopers & your DOG in our Summer Sessions! Designed as a set of sessions where your skills and confidence will progressively build. By the end you & your dog will have a BETTER relationship, UNDERSTAND each other better and also have loads of ways that you can go and have FUN together whenever you want!!
Going on holiday… got lots of summer plans… can’t make all 4 sessions?
They work as stand alone session too! So you can come to the ones that fit into your busy summer holidays.
LOVE YOUR SNIFFER
Mon Aug 1st
9.30 to 10.30 am
Learn some fun scent work games using your dog’s favourite food!
LOVE YOUR LEAD
Mon Aug 8th
9.30 to 10.30 am
Lots of dogs pull on their lead… but that’s usually because we don’t really understand how our dogs walk. We’ll do loads of fun exercises, including navigating a course of weaves, jumps and tunnels that will help you and your dog learn how to walk together with confidence.
HAVE-a-GO at HOOPERS
Mon Aug 22nd
9.30 to 10.30am
Teach your dog to go through hoops, tunnels and round barrels in this super fun dog sport.
Mon Aug 29th
We know that your dog is a super sniffer, they show us that on every walk! But teaching your dog, to look for a specific scent… that’s really harnessing their super power!! In this session we’ll teach your dog how to search a ‘line up’ of pipes to find their Kong just like real search dogs do!
THE IMPORTANT BITS…
- We use rewards based training methods in all of our training. The Young Handlers will be encouraged to learn how to motivate and support their dogs to succeed rather than ‘tell them off’ if they get things wrong.
- Each handler will be given exercises and skills to learn that are appropriate for their level – if your young handler is a novice we’ll help them through the basics and ensure they have fun doing so. Likewise, if your young handler is an ‘old hand’ and is forever practising at home, we’ll make sure that they hone their skills and have the chance to perfect and progress from their current level.
- All dogs must be kept on lead at all times unless specifically instructed otherwise by a trainer.
- All dogs must be confident and friendly around dogs and people. If you think your dog will struggle in a class environment then this isn’t the right session for them at this time; it is not fair on either your dog or young handler (or the other attendees) to put them in a position that they’re not comfortable with.
- An adult must be actively present and on hand to support their young handler and / or dog should they need it.
- All sessions are held at our training field near Carleen. Using What 3 Words you can find us a measure.singer.everybody For full directions please go to https://www.loveyourpaws.org.uk/locations-directions
Choose which sessions you'd like to come along to.
On the drop down box, pick the number of sessions that you'd like to book.
Then choose the dates that correspond with your chosen sessions.
No reviews were found.