Life Skills - Novice
Our Novice Life Skills classes are for dogs 6 months and older who haven’t attended any training (or who have forgotten it all!) and are designed to teach your dogs the foundational skills they need for you to enjoy your lives together as fully as possible. Through our fun, reward based training classes you will help your dog to become a well mannered, happy, friendly dog whilst building a strong and positive relationship with you.
Full Directions can be found here https://www.loveyourpaws.org.uk/locations-directions
Life Skills Covered
Greeting People & Dogs Politely
Comfortable being handled
Sit & Stay
And lots of fun confidence building exercises!
We believe in setting our dogs up to succeed and so we start with small steps and build on them at the pace that is right for you and your dog, in this way we avoid frustration and create a love of training. No matter how quickly, or slowly, your dog picks up a new skill, we will ensure that you receive individual coaching so that you progress at the rate that is right for you.
What do you need to bring?
- Your dog! Wearing a flat collar, and harness if you use one.
- A training lead or short walking lead – no retractable or slip leads please.
- Treats! As we use reward based training we ‘pay’ our dogs for working for us. Please bring really tasty treats – chicken, cheese, ham… they only need to be really small – think pea sized!
- A mat or blanket for your dog to settle on when not working
- For these classes your dog should be comfortable around dogs and people. If you want to join in but aren’t sure if this is the right environment for your dog please get in touch and we can chat through what is best for your dog.
- By booking you are agreeing that you have read, understood and agree to adhere to all of Love Your Paws terms and conditions.
No reviews were found.