Paws For Life
Our Life Skills classes are designed to teach your dogs the skills they need for you to enjoy your lives together as fully as possible. Through our fun, reward based training classes you will help your dog to become a well mannered, happy, friendly dog whilst building a strong and positive relationship with you.
Our classes cover a range of life skills. So that you can make the most of your training, you can book onto the sessions that cover the skills that you want to work on (just choose the relevant dates when you book in). It doesn't matter what level your dog is at, each dog and handler will be given exercises that suit their current ability to ensure that you are acheiving your training goals.
- 22nd May - Fun Scent Work!
- 29th May - Loose Lead Walking - Core Skills
- 5th June - Loose Lead Walking - Progression Session
- 12th June - General Life Skills and Confidence Building
- 19th June - Recall - Core Skills
- 26th June - Recall - Progression Session
- 3rd July - No Class
- 10th July - General Life Skills and Confidence Building
- 17th July - Fun Scentwork!
- 24th July - Loose Lead Walking - Core Skills
- 31st July - Loose Lead Walking - Progression Session
- 7th August - General Life Skills and Confidence Building
- 14th August - Recall - Core Skills
- 21st August - Recall - Progression Session
- 28th August - General Life Skills and Confidence Building
In the General Life Skills and Confidence sessions we work on skills such as:
- greeting people and dogs politely
- loose lead walking
- focus on you
- comfortable being handled
- confidence building
We believe in setting our dogs up to succeed and so we start with small steps and build on them at the pace that is right for you and your dog, in this way we avoid frustration and create a love of training. No matter how quickly, or slowly, your dog picks up a new skill, we will ensure that you receive individual coaching so that you progress at the rate that is right for you.
- For these classes your dog should be comfortable around dogs and people. If you want to join in but aren’t sure if this is the right environment for your dog please get in touch and we can chat through what is best for your dog.
- If a session is cancelled due to the weather you can choose to come the next time that session is run or join in another session that interests you.
What do you need to bring?
- Your dog! Wearing a flat collar, and harness if you use one.
- A training lead or short walking lead – no retractable or slip leads please.
- Treats! As we use reward based training we ‘pay’ our dogs for working for us. Please bring really tasty treats – chicken, cheese, ham… they only need to be really small – think pea sized!
- A mat or blanket for your dog to settle on when not working
No reviews were found.